Admin

Report 26/10/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:49 pm

Current discharge: 2200 ML per day.
Water level 26/10/16: 98.9 %
Current inflow: 4400 ML per day.
Water level 19/10/16: 94.9 %
Water visibility: 100 cm
Forecast Weather: 20 + degrees for the remainder of the week peaking at 27 C on Sunday before a possible thunder storm. The winds have also dropped back to a breeze.
Rainfall this month = 90 mm
New Moon = October 31st Full Moon = 15th November Water Temperature: 16-18 C

Murray Cod: Closed season

Yellow Belly: Once again the weekend weather turned foul with snow down to 1000 metres on Saturday. Friday was glorious with some good fishing reports filtering in. This week’s weather has certainly improved with some warm weather finally hanging around long enough to start lifting the water temperature. As I wrote last week we are usually finding water temps well over 20 degrees C this time of year. Looking for the warmer water will generally find the more active fish. The other factor is the steadily rising water levels. The big outflows have stopped for now allowing the water levels to stabilise and slowly rise. November usually signals the start of the irrigation season however this is not a normal year and it’s hard to imagine they want any more water downstream just yet. The lure fisherman are starting to get some Joy the reports are varied as to depth but most seem to be trolling shallow running lures and are most likely picking up the odd fish over the submerged timber. Had a few fish trolled up towards the wall end over the weekend with the Bluff always giving up a few good fish. Bait fishing continues to be productive particularly late afternoon in the shallows. If you are fishing trees, I wouldn’t go to deep, drop to the bottom and wind back up through the timber with small yabbies or big worms. I haven’t heard too many reports on the shrimp as yet so you will have to drop in a trap and see how it goes but bring some worms as a backup.

Redfin: There are a few around taking lure and bait. Once again water temp is slowing us down as well as the fishing.

Park News:
The 42nd Burrinjuck Convention will again be held over the 5th & 6th of November. Visitors may notice some road works being prepared around the park. I would love to repave a lot more of the roads however budgets don’t permit. I have the Patches guys booked in hopefully in the next couple of weeks to give us a 2 coat seal.

Dean Brind
Manager IWHP Burrinjuck Waters
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au
http://www.inlandwaters.com.au