Admin

Report 14/7/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:09 am

Current discharge: 1600 ML per day.
Water level 13/07/16: 63.6 %
Current inflow: 10500 ML per day.
Water level 06/07/16: 58.9 %
Water visibility: poor
Forecast Weather: We have snow on the Bluff today (Wednesday) The weekend is looking much better after the current cold front passes. Weekend temps range between 2 & 16 deg C with light winds. We have had 63mm of rain for the month so far.
Full Moon = July 20th New Moon = August 3rd Water Temperature: 16-18 deg

Murray Cod: There were a few good fish caught over the weekend with a 105cm Cod being the biggest. Peter Henderson from Minnamurra joined the 1 metre club on Saturday while casting a 140mm Purple JD Python around the edges at Billy’s Delight Bay. (picture attached) There were also some smaller fish reported from 55cm up to 76cm. The fish were mostly taken on the troll. Surface lures are also worth a try along the edges around the timber. The surface lures usually work best in low light such as dusk and dawn or overcast winter days.

Yellow Belly: I was surprised to see so many fishermen with a rod in around the park foreshore over the weekend. After stopping for a chat I discovered that the yellow belly had been biting quite well. It was a glorious winter day with the sun out, clear sky and water like glass. (Not so today) There were also fish being landed on the troll and cast. Bob from the ACT landed a 58cm fish on a yabbie and a 45 cm fish while trolling. I had planned to have a big day on the water on Tuesday but the weather report of gale force winds made be leave the boat in the shed.

Redfin: There have been a few around. The bait fisherman along the park foreshore were pulling them in on the weekend. Worms or frozen shrimp as bait. Swany managed to land a few fish on black Gulp Grubs which I haven’t heard of to often.

Carp: Still being caught around the edges with worms, shrimp, corn. Herpesvirus (KHV)
Carp Virus information evening:
Monday night 18th July at 7pm, Venue Yass Services Club GP Room.
Doctor Matt Barwick, senior fisheries officer. Will be speaking at an information evening on the rollout of the Koi Herpesvirus (KHV). This is a free info evening and a perfect excuse to pop down to the club. Matt will be available to answer any questions on the intended rollout and effects this will have on the European Carp.

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au
http://www.inlandwaters.com.au
Burrinjuck.jpg
Peter Henderson from Minnamurra with his 105 cm Murray Cod.