Report 17/9/15

Post by Nicole Penfold » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:07 am

Current discharge: 470 ML per day.
Water level 16/09/15: 74.1 %
Current inflow: 2180 ML per day.
Water level 08/08/15: 71.9 %
Water visibility: up to 1.5 metres
Rain past 7 days: 0.0 mm
Forecast Weather: weekend is fine & mostly sunny with temps between 7 & 19 degrees C. Light winds
New Moon = September 13th Full Moon = September 28th Water Temperature: 11 deg
Murray Cod: Closed Season 1st September – 30th November

Yellow Belly: Despite the glorious weekend weather, the fishing remained relatively quiet and so did the fishermen. There were not that many made the trip down to the dam for a fish. Most guys reported quiet going. We have a few tradies in the park during the week. One of these had a fish on Monday night just off the bank below the cabins. He managed 3 yellows at about 40cm each after only throwing his line in 5 times. Worms did the trick. Peter & Smiley managed a nice 57 cm Burrinjuck beauty on Wednesday morning while bait fishing with yabbies on the Bluff. (picture attached) I had a look at the report I wrote this time last year. Water temps were ranging between 14 & 18.5 C and the dam was around 10% higher at 84%. The fishing was starting to come good at the top end of the dam around Good hope down to Shaws. I have not had a report from that end of the dam this week but typically the water does warm up first higher in the dam. The fish were holding in the tops of submerged trees, this time last year, and not too deep at 3 to 6 metres. Trolling over the trees with small hard bodies or having a cast with crank baits and spinnerbaits was the go. A few more warm days like we had last weekend should see the water temps rising and the fishing hot up.

Redfin: Remain a bit hard to find, again water temps will rise over the coming days or weeks and this will fire up the fishing. The slaughter yards and around Cathedral rock is worth a fish. Probably bait fishing with worms will give you the best chance.

Carp: Plenty out there. The water temps are keeping them a bit quiet. I was down at the dam wall last weekend. From the top of the wall I could see schools of carp feeding on top of the water.

Park News: Power upgrade works have been happening over the past 2 months. A power outage on Friday will conclude the Works. The Water treatment plant has also commenced with the slab & ring beam poured for the new 300k water tank. The biggest disturbance to the park will be the sewerage upgade. Works will cease in the park during the holidays. Wendy & Dean are off to Henty next week to man a stand to promote Burrinjuck and the other parks in our group. We will be in Block T, come, and have a chat. Thus no report next week.

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au
Burrinjuck.jpg
A 57cm Burrinjuck beauty taken on Wednesday morning while bait fishing with yabbies on the Bluff.