Post by subeditor » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:00 pm

Fishing & Lake Report 08/07/2015
Current discharge: 480 ML per day.
Water level 08/07/15 47.8 %
Current inflow: 1380 ML per day.
Water level 20/05/15: 41. %
Water visibility: up to 1 metres
Rain past 7 days : 3 mm

Forecast Weather: Wet and windy with winds up to 27kmh.
New Moon = July 16th Full Moon = July 31st Water Temperature: 12 deg

Murray Cod: I have been away for a few weeks holiday, there were no reports of any big fish captures during June. A few smaller fish mainly undersize have been caught with the most recent taking bait such as worms and yabbies while fishing from the bank. While I was at Copeton Dam I gave the big surface paddlers a go. I did no good, getting up at 5 in the morning to go fishing in the frost and fog was a bit tough likewise fishing late afternoon into the night with no moon was also a bit cool. A couple of guys managed 3 fish over a metre while I was there. Steve Starling also showed up for a couple of days. This method of fishing is also popular at Mulwala but I have not seen it used here so much at Burrinjuck. May be worth a go. The water temps at Copeton were only a degree warmer then here.

Yellow Belly: Continue to bite for the keen anglers willing to take on the Burrinjuck winter, Browny from Forbes is still catching fish on his gulp soft plastic grubs off the trees. Most reports are coming from bait fishermen using small yabbies & worms. Fishing off the bank after dark, beside a fire, has also been producing some good fish including a 6lb fish from the park shoreline. A camper leaving today from Yass caught an 8 lb 60 cm Yellow on worms. Young Connor from Cootamundra also caught a 43 cm fish while trolling around Cave Island. So well worth a trip.

Redfin: I found some big schools of fish up in Barbers Bay before I went on Holidays but have not managed to get back on the water to see if they are still there. No other reports.

Carp: Taking worms and corn. Many carp fisherman are shore based along the park foreshore

Park News: Our new website was launched this week. www.inlandwaters.com.au You can now book accommodation and sites and pay online. If your coming camping you can book & pay online and we will email your access number. Check it out. This report will also be posted each week.
Dean Brind, Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park.

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au

subeditor
Admin

Re: Report 10/7/15

Post by subeditor » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:00 pm

***Please do not reply to this fishing report, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. if you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***