Post by subeditor » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:34 am

Fishing & Lake Report 03/12/14
Current discharge: 2637 ML per day.
Water level current: 71.9 %
Current inflow: 957 ML per day.
Water level:26/11/14 72.5 %
Water visibility: up to 2 metres
Rain this week 24 mm
Forecast Weather: Friday 16-28 deg, mostly sunny, Saturday mostly sunny 15-26 deg, possible storm, Sunday Sunny 13-27 deg , light winds.
Full Moon = December 6thth New Moon = December 22nd Water Temperature: 23 deg

Murray Cod: 4 cod over the magic metre mark, which I know of, during November including a 107cm fish mid last week & 115 cm over the weekend. There have been heaps of Cod being caught, as expected, during the closed season. The reports in this week are telling me the fish are quiet before lunch with most captures occurring before the sun hits the water in the morning or during the afternoon/ evening. Casting and trolling big spinner baits seems to be accounting for most of the captures. If you are chasing the big fish during the day you will need to go deeper or chase the shaded steep rock walls. I just had some guys from Albury check out as I was writing this report. They picked up 12 cod, biggest 83cm, all on Jackalls while casting to the steep rock walls. I would certainly be looking around the 10 metre + mark if your trolling in the open areas of the dam. I ventured out with a mate at 5 am on Monday morning ( we were the first) Glen managed a beautiful legal cod out of the shallower water near Cave Island while casting a spinner bait. We did no good on the troll. We were out till 8.30 am. Never got a fish after the sun came up. This Saturday is the full moon so night time trolling will be well worth a go.

Yellow Belly: During our morning trip on Monday there were fish visible on the sounder holding on top of rocks at about 4 metres. They soon disappeared once the sun came up. The best bait fishing reports were coming from those fishing deep in 10 metres + on the bottom. Shrimp & small yabbies being the pick of the baits. The best report was 21 fish in a morning. Again the fishing is tougher during the middle part of the day. Lure fisherman have been picking up there share but as big a numbers as the bait guys. Spinner baits & Stucky’s being the most popular. Purple being a popular colour. Most areas of the dam seem to be fishing OK. The barometer will be moving all over the place this week with the storms passing through. If you are on the water during a sharp rise you may just have a hot session. The Albury crew picked up 13 yellows with Jackalls along the rock walls
Redfin: are being sighted feeding near the surface all over the dam. No big numbers being caught. Well worth a cast into these schools with a small hard body or crank bait, you should pick up a few and have a bit of fun.
Carp: Good numbers being caught as per usual. Albury crew caught in excess of 50 carp on Jackalls.
Park News: DJ Ando will be here again for New Year. We will also be organising a blue light disco, Movie nights & trivia nights during the school holidays.

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au

subeditor
Admin

Re: Report 8/12/14

Post by subeditor » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:34 am

***Please do not reply to this fishing report with a question, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. If you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***