Current inflow: 1840 ML per day.
Water level: 15/10/14 79 %
Water visibility: up to 2 metres
Rain last 7 days = 0 mm
Forecast Weather: 12- 31 degrees for the weekend & sunny light winds to 8 kmh
New Moon = Oct 24th, Full Moon = November 7th
Water Temperature: 18 - 22 deg

Murray Cod: Closed Season.

Yellow Belly: Not a lot has changed this week. Bait fishing in 15 foot or less with yabbies, worms or shrimp will give you the best chance of a bag of fish. I was gifted some yabbies last week so decided to “ go to the dark side” & take a friend for a bait fish. Garrie had never seen or caught a yellow Belly . We decided to have a look around at the top end of the Goodradigbee Arm. I used the Lowrance to eliminate many trees as likely targets. Over two afternoons we finished with 8 yellows, 4 fish over 50cm, the biggest being 56 cm. Two fish were caught using worms. All fish were taken bobbing on the bottom in 12 to 15 foot of water with a small running sinker on 10 lb leader. I ventured out again Sunday afternoon & located more fish on a submerged pine tree. I used the electric to spot lock my position. Using yabbies again I pulled up 4 fish of this tree 3 were over 50 cm. I moved about 30 metres and used the same technique to land 2 smaller fish before a PB of 63 cm. The park had a visit this weekend from some South Coast fishing clubs. The guys ran their own competition targeting mainly carp over a 23 hour period, however they managed to also weigh in 88 yellows. Bait fishing was the main method used with many opting to river camp and fish through the night from the bank. I spoke to one fisherman that had some success on Sunday casting blades in tight to rock walls in the Bidgee arm. He finished with 3 fish over 50cm for his efforts. One good report from a troller using Stucky’s and light coloured small AC hard Bodies, again from the Bidgee Arm, Dave managed 5 fish between 44 & 52 cm. Have not heard to much from the top end of the dam other than the water is certainly a lot dirtier than the lower end of the dam.

Redfin: Not yet. Again the odd one being caught. I had a quick look at last year’s reports and it was early December before we had a report of 60 fish being landed on Jackalls. The water levels were also lower at 63.%. My usual spots are well under water at the moment.

Carp: Plenty around with worms and corn the best bait. The south coast clubs certainly removed a few hundred big fish from the dam over the weekend.

Park News: The 40th Annual Burrinjuck convention is not far off. Conducted by the Canberra Fishermen’s Club. The event will be on held on the 1st & 2nd of November. Fire bans are now in effect for the summer at the State Park so you can leave your fire wood at home this weekend.

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au

Nicole Penfold
Admin

Re: Report 22/10/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:07 pm

***Please do not reply to this fishing report with a question, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. If you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***