Report 08/10/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:29 am

Current discharge: 3500 ML per day.
Water level current: 81.5 %
Current inflow: 1140 ML per day.
Water level: 01/10/14 83.8 %
Water visibility: up to 2 metres
Rain last 7 days = 17.0 mm
Forecast Weather: 9-28 degrees for the weekend with a possible shower on Sunday. Light winds
Full Moon = October 8th, New Moon = Oct 24th
Water Temperature: 16 -19.5 deg

Murray Cod: Closed Season.

Yellow Belly: A couple of windy day’s midweek and falling water levels did not help the fishing over the weekend. The weather did warm up nicely for a fantastic long weekend. The edge bite using mainly worms and small yabbies seemed to be the theme over the weekend. Trolling fishermen continue to do it tough with very few reports of yellows being picked up this way. I was speaking to one family, who had stayed in the park for 2 weeks, fishing when the weather permitted they caught about 40 fish in total all in less than 8 ft of water in the Goodradigbee River Arm above Wade Island. They fished around the small submerged pine trees along the edges with mainly worms. Bait fishing the shallows into the evening is also proving to be a winner. I am hearing of a lot of success on yabbies. The top ends of the dam around Tamers Bridge and Wee Jasper traditionally absorbs a lot of pressure from the bait fishermen at this time of year. The dam narrows and the water warms earlier in the shallower ends of the dam. I am still getting mixed reports from above Narren Gullen Island with trolling & Casting lures such as crank baits, hard bodies & spinner baits still going OK.

Redfin: Are not firing down the bottom end of the dam as yet. I caught my first one this week on a small blade. Plenty of reports of one or two fish being picked up as a by catch. No big schools as yet.

Carp: Plenty around with worms and corn the best bait.

Trout: No reports.

Silver Perch: No reports

Park News: The 40th Annual Burrinjuck convention is fast approaching. Conducted by the Canberra Fishermen’s Club. The event will be on held on the 1st & 2nd of November. For entry forms and information visit www.canberrafishos.com/events/burrunjuck-convention

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters Holiday Park
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au

Nicole Penfold
Admin

Re: Report 08/10/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:29 am

***Please do not reply to this fishing report with a question, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. If you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***