Weekly Report 22/01/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:05 pm

Water level current: 47.9 %
Water level: 15/01/14 49.5 %
Rain last 7 days = .08 mm
Current discharge: 1222 ML per day.
Current inflow: 12 ML per day.
Water visibility: up to 2.0 metres in main basin
Forecast Weather: Rain for Friday. Top temp of 32 c for the weekend. Light winds
Full Moon = Jan 16th, New Moon = Jan 31st
Water Temperature: 24 - 28 deg

Murray Cod
The cod have been quiet with only a few captures reported at the office. 2 of these were over 70 cm. The hot temperatures of last week were certainly not good for fishermen. The barometer has been down the last few days but has risen overnight. All the cod captures were on lures either trolled or cast.

Yellow Belly
Goldens also gone quiet over the last 2 days with the low barometer. Pete from Bathurst had a good afternoon out on the 16th. Using Berkley Gulp minnow grubs, targeting trees in the deeper water, 40 + feet, in the Bidgee River arm he managed 10 fish between 40 & 60 cm. I used the same approach on Tuesday for 0 fish. The same method applies with the bait fishermen, live shrimp being the best. Casting Jackalls has also accounted for a few fish on this week’s catch sheet. Not much from the trolling guys this week.

Redfin
They were starting to fire last week but seemed to vanish early this week from my regular spots. I have not received any reports this week of big numbers being caught. Still the odd one on the troll or bait from the bank.

Trout
We released 10,000 rainbows this week, and my thanks go to those who turned out to help with the distribution. No other reports of bigger fish being caught.

Silver Perch

Still hearing of 1 a week on average. I have been told to expect some baby silvers next month for release into Burrinjuck.

Carp

Plenty about. Target with worms, corn or on fly.

Park News
Live music starts 7.30 pm on the 26th January with Clint Creighton and his partner Julie performing till 10 pm. This will be at the undercover area at Lawler’s, near the main boat ramp.

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters State Park