Post by Tony Zann » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:05 pm

Fishing & Lake Report 18/09/13
Rain last 7 days: 64mm
Water level current: 55.2 %
Water level: 11/09/13 51.9 %
Current discharge: 1108ML per day.
Current inflow: 26478ML per day.
Water visibility: up to 2.5m
Forecast Weather: Possible showers predicted for the weekend once again. Temps 4°-22°.
Full Moon = Sep 19 New Moon = Oct 5 Water Temperature: 17°-18.5°
Murray cod: closed season to Dec 1.
Yellowbelly: A bit of joy for the lure casters and the trolling brigade this week. Good reports started to filter in from Thursday last week with some good-sized yellows starting to hit crankbaits and Mask Vibes. Trolling crankbaits has also been producing. The River Rats from Shepparton started catching fish in 50’ of water when they decided to cross over the river to the other bank while trolling Jackalls and deep-divers. The trees down the centre of the rivers have now disappeared below the rising water but the yellows are still holding around the submerged limbs. The lure casters have been picking up fish in close along the rock walls. I ventured out on Tuesday afternoon in light rain with a couple of bait fishing mates, Pete & Smiley. They picked up their shrimp traps along the way, which contained 9 good sized shrimp. We also had worms and small live yabbies on board. We fished in close to a rock wall, them with them bait and me throwing around Mask Vibes and TNs as well as drowning a worm on a second rod at the same time. I did no good with the worms. The shrimp accounted for 4 fish, a couple around 45cm, one 50cm and a cracker at 55cm and several other good hits. I managed the first fish of the afternoon, 50cm, on a redfin Mask Vibe. I later lost that lure and after tying on another Mask Vibe managed a 60.5cm fish on the next cast. Total six fish in 90 minutes of fishing. Pete and Smiley landed 7 yellows on the same wall on Sunday afternoon before the rain arrived. Mark from Gundagai also landed an impressive 59.5cm yellow while bait fishing along the bank at the park on Saturday morning. There is a fair bit of water coming in from this week’s rain but the weather is also predicted to warm up again and settle for the weekend. We released all the big breeders and let’s hope most people do the same.
Redfin: Have not kicked off as yet. There were small fish in one of the yellows, won’t be long.
Trout: No reports this week. It has been a very quiet year for trout.
Silver Perch: No reports this week
Park News: The 39th annual Burrinjuck ANSA Convention will be held at the park on the November 1-3. Phone 0405 721 118 or www.canberrafishos.com for info. Entry forms also available at the BWSP office. We have no cabins left for that weekend so powered sites and camping will be the only option. BWSP Office 02 62278114 for booking of powered sites. No need to book for camping.
Dean Brind
Manager, Burrinjuck Waters State Park