Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 11/8/15

Post by Nicole Penfold » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:40 pm

Estuary: I'm getting plenty of reports of the early start to some nice Flathead coming out of the lake over the last week or so. Fish around the mid 40cm mark are common and of course are ‘sunning’ themselves up on the flats. Small hard body lures and bait such as a Hawkesbury Prawn very lightly weighted on the drift will get results. Bream numbers are holding both along the breakwall plus in the deeper water near Hells Gate along the oyster racks. I fished the back of Wallis Island last Sunday along the racks across from Barclays shed and ended up with 4 quality bream on the run out tide. 2” Zman Grubs on a 1/12 oz jighead worked well. Stills miles of Blackfish around Wallis Island plus along the foreshore of Point Rd.

Rock: Some nice Tailor are being spin up along the rocks off Janies Corner while closer to town Burgess Beach is loaded with some good Drummer. I am told that the plonk holes are a easy way to get a good few fish. South around the back of Seal Rocks some good Bream and Blackfish are around while there has also been a few Trevally scattered in amongst the rocks.

Offshore: Last weekend you could not have asked for better conditions. Many anglers went wide with some out to the shelf while others stayed close and bottom bounced for some outstanding results. Mixed bags of Trag, Snapper, Pearl Perch and plenty of Flathead have all been reported. Up north off Old Bar I am still hearing that there is Jewfish to be caught at night on the reefs.

Beach: Various reports along the beaches with Tailor and Salmon by far the most productive catches at the moment. A fairly flat sea created by the westerly winds is causing beaches to flatten out with not much structure to fish in.

Brad & Lisa Andrew
Great Lakes Tackle – Tuncurry
Ph: 6554 9541
Locally family owned and operated for over 30 years !
2013, 2014 and now 2015 AFTA Finalists - Australia’s Best Bait & Tackle Store
** This business is for sale**